12.03.2013

Lil' Fosse

I haven't done a lot of post-Thanksgiving cooking, but I did want to show off the tightness of my family's leftover game. I probably should have already mentioned how super crazy good my dad's smoked turkey was, but I was still in a little bit of a brickle haze at the time. Check out the smoked turkey action in these fresh-egg migas, though:


Erica's Tip of the Day: when faced with leftovers, add fried tortilla strips. (Also applies to: all foods, mild depression, open wounds.)

 Hey, Christmas is coming! Who's ready?




Pretty much ready, right?




No worries, I know what will get us in the spirit of things. Christmas crafts! How about an advent calendar? Looks pretty cute and easy! I'll just let the four-year-old do it!


LOOK AT THE ADORABLE AND WHOLESOME FUN WE ARE HAVING

HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS PROJECT, CHECK IT OUT INTERNET

So that was 100% successful, end of story. I mean, if had purchased an advent calendar it probably would have cost, what, $10-$15? Nonsense. All this thing cost me was about eight hours and a medium-sized chunk of my sanity. Crafts are just the best. THE BEST.

Okay, I am going to set aside my grumpiness re: maybe some things should just be left in the recycling bin where they belong in order to present the impressive one-woman show that occurred when I asked Anna to please pose in front of the Christmas tree. Please note her signature "I'm four / thumbs up / finger guns" finale.











Anyway, yeah, you should probably get on my Christmas card list.