4.04.2011

I'm thinking kale nachos

Friday night I made Quesadillas Stuffed with Greens and Feta. It's an effectively unhealthy way to use up a bunch of chard. Between that and the spinach pizza, I guess my take on this particular CSA box has been "hide the greens in junk food whenever possible." It's like I'm Jessica Seinfeld-ing myself.

"La la la la I can't taste you over all this cheeeeeeese."
I just want to say how fortunate I am that the other moms I know don't put very much time or thought into their kids' birthday cakes, thereby shaming me in my own efforts.

Such a relief!
We've been making a little bit of big-girl progress. We pulled off some big-girl pigtails the other day. For about 20 minutes.

I'm not complaining, I'm bragging, that's by far the record.
More progress: sitting in a booster seat instead of a high chair and using crayons appropriately.

Less progressive, not pictured: me shoveling her PB&J into her mouth with a spoon.